Sunday, September 1, 2013

#1) Sewing Robot-Style

Hey, hey, hey, guess what I did this weekend? Crossed #1 off my list! My (future) mother-in-law was up for the weekend and she taught me how to use the sewing machine I got for my birthday. 


At first, when she was threading everything and trying to explain what a bobbin was, I basically decided I was never ever going to use this contraption. Once I saw how quickly I could sew on it though, and all the neat stitches it could do, I fell a little bit in love.


Today I went out to grab some fabric to make a pillow for my craft room. I decided I couldn’t really cross #1 off until I’d done the whole threading/bobbin thing on my own so very hesitantly I undid everything from yesterday and set it up with some pink thread. I was as surprised as anyone when it worked!  


It’s not perfect, some lines are still a little crooked, but I’m honestly in awe of how well this guy turned out. I’m just overwhelmed with all the awesome things I’m going to be able to make SOOO quickly now! 


I’ll always love sewing by hand but this machine (whom I have named Velma) is possibly one of my new best-friends (who sometimes I wish to smash). Oh, and for anyone curious, Velma is a Kenmore Sensor Sew 70, and she came with this amazing greeting:

No comments:

Post a Comment