Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cottage Weekend

Matt and I spent the weekend up at a cottage with my parents. It’s a beautiful weird old cottage that’s the perfect mix of comfortable without just being a normal house by the lake. 


The family that built it, and still owns it, is Dutch which is evident throughout the place (I’m still not really sure how wooden clogs can be considered a viable footwear option). 


I think my favourite part of the cottage are the awesome stained-glass windows. There was even a hibou in the bathroom wall! The walls were built to accommodate the different windows which makes me wonder where they came from originally. 


It was cold and rainy all weekend but it was still lovely to snuggle up next to the fire and play cards with my family. We played Cards Against Humanity, which if you’ve never played, you should. 


I’m really big on family so living in a different city than my parents is tough sometimes but it makes weekends like these even better. I hope all of you had a wonderful autumn weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment