Friday, May 18, 2012

A Simple List

I am 27 years old. I’ve realized there are quite a few things I’d like to do before I turn 30 and I have therefore assembled a very scientific list. It’s not a “before I die” kind of list, it’s more of a “before I think a lot of these are bad/silly ideas I better do them” kind of a list. I'm going to do my best to record the results of each of these activities on this blog, interspersed with crafty goodness of course, and I hope you’ll all follow along!


Some are a lot easier than others (I think I can get a pedicure before I buy a house...) but they're all things I've always wanted to do, or haven't done since becoming a grown-up. Without further ado, here is my list of 29 things to accomplish whilst still in my 20s (in no particular order):

#1) learn how to use a sewing machine (Sun Sept 1st 2013)
#2) sky-dive
#3) buy a house
#4) go to Scotland
#5) write a children’s book
#6) shoot a gun (Sat Dec 15th 2012)
#7) learn to drive a standard
#8) take a picture every day for 1 year (Thur Sept 5th 2013)
#9) make an etsy sale to a stranger
#10) learn French (Début)
#11) run a 5km race
#12) grow a vegetable garden
#13) get a manicure/pedicure (Sat May 26th 2012)
#14) walk on the glass floor at the CN tower (Wed Nov 14th 2012)
#15) sing karaoke
#16) ice-skate backwards
#17) hold a snake
#18) have my fortune told
#19) ride on the back of a motorcycle
#20) get a pink or blue streak in my hair
#21) drive a boat
#22) go to a Canadiens game
#23) make my own preserves
#24) go to the ballet (Sat Nov 10th 2012)
#25) try yoga
#26) floss every single day for 1 month
#27) learn to “turn the heel” in socks
#28) bake bread from scratch
#29) swim in a lake at night

4 comments:

  1. Let's up the ante on 14 and do that walk around the top of the CN tower outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother would be so mad at you if you accomplished number 19.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Daddy taught me how to skate backwards when he visited me in Saskatoon. If you go skating with him in the winter I'm sure he'll teach you (and be very happy).

    ReplyDelete