Monday, May 7, 2012

Let’s Go Fly a Parrot

My Mom and I spent our entire Saturday running errands for the upcoming wedding. We bought an obscene amount of ribbon, some beautiful fabric, met with the caterer, and replenished our homemade pinwheel supplies. Although we got quite a bit done, it was a very rushed, hectic kind of day so after we were finished I wanted to do something fun!


While at the dollar store I came across a $2.00 parrot kite that I demanded we purchase. That evening we trekked to a nearby hill and attempted to fly it. Unfortunately it turned out there wasn’t quite enough wind to keep it going for very long…and we got tired running back and forth through the long grass but it was still a very pleasant way to spend an evening.


The wedding is now less than a week away and even though I’m very excited, it’s lovely to think that by this time next week, it’ll all be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment