Monday, January 20, 2014

Overdue Update

Normally I’m not one for explaining absences on my blog but this is the longest one yet so…deep breath, and here we go:


#1) I’m an AUNTIE! Little Jack made his entrance into this world at 2:14am on January 19th. He’s healthy and perfect and I love him. Sara is also doing great and is my new hero after going through 25 hours of labour and then having a c-section.

#2) I’ve started trying to make paper flowers…the results have been mixed (please see point below).

 
#3) Floral tape is Satan's adhesive. Seriously, why when I google “why does floral tape suck so hard?” are there not way more results.

#4) I’ve joined Instagram.

#5) I got a new job, at my company (but with the bigwigs in Toronto), which requires me to travel to Toronto once a week and around the world periodically. Does anyone know anyone in Thailand/Hong Kong/Boston/London UK who is cool to chill with?

#6) I’ve joined a rock band called The Dicklers. Don’t ask about the name, it’s what happens when all the members of the band are men except you. Our logo is a green hotdog with a crown.


#7) Matt built me the most amazing peg board to organize my craft space. He continues to prove that he is the perfect man.

For a girl who is not awesome with change, it’s been a crazy start to 2014 but a wonderful one too. I also think I need to reiterate here how absolutely fantastic Matt has been. Over the past few weeks I’ve gone from dizzying euphoria to uncontrollable sobbing within approximately 3 seconds (plus back again) and he’s there with celebratory wine or compassionate snuggles as the occasion calls for. How did I possibly get so lucky that I get to marry a guy like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment