Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Whimsical Reassurance

I had a job interview in Toronto yesterday. I had to wear a suit, I had to commute from home on the Go train, I had to navigate the financial district downtown; it was a big day. The interview went really well, they even took me out for a two hour lunch afterwards. The thing was, the entire time I was there, everything felt bizarrely surreal. Everyone (even the people younger than me) seemed so professional and busy; I couldn’t help but feel like everyone I saw was just playing pretend at being uptight adults. Then I started worrying that I should be a serious person, that I had maybe missed something integral in the growing-up process. Luckily, on my walk back home, I saw this sign at a construction site and felt like the world was an ok place again:

3 comments:

  1. I feel we will have much to cover at Christmas. I didn't know you were looking at other jobs. Particularly in Toronto instead of in the much more sensible Saskatoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, it's with my company, it would be a promotion but it requires a lot of travel so we'll have to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the world is redeemed!

    ReplyDelete