Saturday, July 2, 2011

New Orleans Doll Company

One of my favourite parts of my trip was exploring the dozens of little shops in the French Quarter. On one such outing I was lucky enough to discover the New Orleans Doll Company


In addition to some really cute little voodoo dolls, there were these beautiful handmade animal pillows in a rainbow of fabric colours. They weren’t like anything I’d ever seen before and certainly made me wish I was back home sewing up a storm.


The not so little owl pillow guarding the door was so adorable, I didn’t really want to leave without him but I knew it would be too tough to fit in my suitcase for the flight home. To all my Canadian readers happy belated Canada Day!! I went to a family barbeque and saw some fireworks and I hope you all celebrated with family and friends too.

No comments:

Post a Comment