Tuesday, March 13, 2012

An Abandoned House Kind of Weekend

My Mom and I decided to go on an adventure this weekend! Our favourite kind of adventure includes abandoned places so that’s what we set out in search of…


First we found this amazing little place down by a river. It was very creepy and very abandoned and I loved it!


Then when we were driving we just happened to come across this seemingly abandoned farmhouse and apple orchard.


It was very neat and I think only recently abandoned.


Whenever I’m near a place like this I can’t help but wonder about the families that lived here before, the people who built the homes and obviously loved them.


It’s sad and wonderful and romantic all at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. OMG - I TOTALLY LOVE THIS HOUSE! I was just by there today. It's amazing isn't it! And like you said, sad, wonderful and romantic all at the same time!
    We must be kindred spirits!
    Where is the first house by the river? I'd love to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we must be! There's nothing quite so wonderful as an abandoned house.

    The first house was actually on private river-front property (we thought it was public) and there were some very grumpy doggies next door in a non-fenced yard so I wouldn't recommend getting too close!

    ReplyDelete