Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cotton Baby Booties

I finished the baby booties for my friend and just in time too because on Friday she delivered a wonderful healthy little baby girl! 


I probably tried about 4 different patterns until I just made-up my own by smushing a bunch of different ones together. It’s not a perfect pattern (I think the booties are a tad bit long) but they were by far my favourites from all the versions I made. If anyone is interested I’ve listed the pattern below: 


Gracie’s Baby Booties (done on size 6 needles with worsted-weight cotton yarn) 
  •  Cast on 32 stitches in white
  •  Knit 5 rows in white
  •  Row 6: K13, K2tog, P2, SSK, K13 in brown
  •  Row 7: P12, SSP, K2, P2tog, P12 in brown
  •  Row 8: K11, K2tog, P2, SSK, K11 in brown
  •  Row 9: P10, SSP, K2, P2tog, P10 in brown
  •  Row 10: K09, K2tog, P2, SSK, K09 in brown
  •  Row 11: P08, SSP, K2, P2tog, P08 in brown
  •  Knit one row in brown
  •  Purl one row in brown
  •  Knit 4 rows in white
  • Bind off and use tail to sew down from cuff to toe on wrong side (done!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment