Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Dear Deer


She’s done! Finally! I don’t think it has ever taken me so long to finish a plush project. I must say I'm pretty pleased with the final product but I did not like what it took to get there. 


The pattern was awkward to cut and sew and the instructions were very cloudy sometimes. The unclear instructions also led to me making some very silly mistakes which made the project last even longer. Even following the pattern exactly, I can’t help but feel like my deer’s head is a bit too large, even for kawaii aesthetics. 


I don’t think I’ll be trying anything new from Felt Friends anytime soon but I guess doing was the only way to know. Despite the days of frustration, I am very happy with my new deer friend who will look very sweet hunting for berries in my backyard.

2 comments:

  1. It does look like her anterior fontanelle (a baby's soft spot) is bulging in a disturbing manner. That's a sign of all sorts of bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, but last I checked you were #1) A doctor for humans. #2) A psychiatrist. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete